Bodystat Multiscan 5000
The Bodystat Multiscan 5000 has 50 frequency device measuring from 5kHz to 1000kHz. It uses spectroscopy (BIS Bioimpedance Spectroscopy) and Cole-Cole Modelling to measure body composition and hydration across all 50 frequencies. From this measurement, the volume of fluid overload (in litres) is deduced.
The Multiscan also uses Bioimpedance Vector Analysis (BIVA) at 50kHz to give a pictorial ellipse of a patient’s results in terms of Body Cell Mass (cachectic or athletic) and Hydration (dehydration or overhydration).
Diuretics, accurate fluid monitoring and decrease of lean muscle mass are all concerns for patients, nurses and doctors. Bioelectrical impedance technology meets these needs non-invasively, giving accurate and reliable measurements for fluid, lean muscle mass, nutritional status and overall cellular health.
Bioelectrical impedance technology is used successfully in dialysis wards to measure volume of fluid over-hydration to help determine dry weight. It is also used in Intensive Care wards to assess nutritional status, recovery rate and hydration levels.
In addition, the Bodystat Multiscan 5000 may be used to detect malnutrition in patients with normal or high body fat by an assessment of body cell mass. Body cell mass can easily be obscured by an expansion of extracellular fluid which will not be detected by looking at an overall increase in total body weight.
- Dialysis: Totally non-invasive measurement of over-hydration and nutrition status
- Surgery: Predict potential complications of oedema post-surgery and reduce bed occupancy
- Obesity: An essential tool in the management and motivation of patients
- Paediatrics: Track body composition changes and monitor health during treatment
- Diabetes: Understand, measure, manage and motivate diabetic patients
- Oncology: Track patient changes before, during and after treatment
- Critical Care: Essential body composition information in the care of the critically ill
- Elderly: With an increasingly elderly population, accurate measurements are vital
- Lymphoedema: Minimise the risk of lymphoedema with early prediction
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease): Help to achieve the optimal body composition in COPD patients